Knox County Clerk
Mike Corey, County Clerk
Proudly serving the citizens of Knox County, Kentucky
Military personnel, their dependents, and citizens who live overseas (temporarily or indefinitely) are permitted to cast an absentee ballot in one of the following ways:
- The voter may vote on the voting machine in the County Clerk’s office if the voter will be absent from the county on Election Day, or if the voter learns he/she will be confined to a base within the county on Election Day.
- Voters who will be out of the county may apply for a mail-in ballot that will be sent to the voters out of county address, their fax or email address at the voter’s request. A Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) may be used to make this request. It can be found at www.fvap.gov and it must reach us seven (7) days prior to the election. The ballot must be returned to our office by mail no later than Election Day.
The Voter Registration Department performs a wide variety of duties related to the election process. We are responsible for registering voters, keeping the voter registrations up-to-date, providing voting locations, recruiting poll workers for election day, maintaining and securing the voting machines, and providing election results once the election process is complete.
Our goal is to always provide accurate up-to-date information to voters as well as potential candidates who wish to run for office.
Our normal hours of operation can be found on our contact page.
If would like to view what your ballot will look like for the upcoming election please visit the Secretary of State’s website and view the Sample Ballots. Here you can not only find your personal ballot, but a copy of each ballot in the entire state of Kentucky. Please use the additional links below to answer your election related questions.
- Barbourville, KY Main Office Phone: 606-546-3568
- Barbourville, KY Main Office Fax: 606-546-3589
- Corbin, KY Branch Office Phone: 606-258-8430
- Corbin, KY Branch Office Fax: 606-258-8408
Important Election Information
External Election Links
Importatant Election Dates
- Mail-In Absentee Ballot – September 24 – October 25, 2022
- In-Person Excuse Absentee – October 26, 27, 28, 31 and November 1 & 2, 2022
- In-Person No-Excuse Absentee – November 3,4,5 2022
- Election Day – November 8, 2022